Thursday 28 May 2009

when a blog friend comes to stay

Ginny and her two lovely girls have been staying with me here in Cornwall for the first part of half-term. You would think I'd have lots of photographs documenting these fun-filled days, but shamefully I didn't take a single photo until they were about to get in the car to go home. We were far too busy chatting, laughing, eating and drinking, dog walking and just enjoying spending some unhurried time together. Crochet and knitting remained untouched, craft books were poured over and discussed, and Walter was stroked to his heart's content.

Ginny spoiled me with some beautiful lavender birds she'd made, seen here decorating my garden.


I love the fabric choices and their stringy legs.


And string. How can a string-lover like me fail to get excited about the addition of not one but two new balls to add to my supplies? Thank you Ginny!



We also went and spent a day with Pipany and Dave, Lucy and Isabella. The dreary damp weather did not deter us. We were relegated to an inside picnic, the delicious homemade food mostly cooked by Dave's fair hand. Many cups of tea and chocolate brownies stretched into the afternoon admist more chatter and laughter, and squeals of excitement from the younger girls. Pipany's lovely garden was admired and Walter wet himself with fright at the sight of the cats (he's a bit of a wuss, my boy). And then we were fed all over again with delicious homemade pasta and bolognaise, and veggie lasagne. A veritable feast!

It still astounds me that I have made such wonderful friends through blogging - friendships that really touch my heart. Thank you, Ginny and Pip, I feel very blessed.

12 comments:

Poppy said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day!
Bless him, tell Walter from me you can’t have good looks and be brave.

You are so lucky too live in Cornwall; it is such a beautiful place!

Love Lou xxx

dottycookie said...

How lovely to spend so much time with friends; sounds like you've been having fun!

Gina said...

How wonderful... is there any other way to describe days spent with friends and good food!

Reading Tea Leaves said...

What a lovely fun day spent with good friends.
Poor Walter - now he has lost his bits - bless him!

The Curious Cat said...

Very sweet looking! xxx

kristina said...

Sounds perfect! K x

ginny farquhar said...

we had such a lovely time... thank you so much... it was a hoot wasn't it at pipany's?! just picked up your email...will chat later ...love to you and walter and bessie plod xxx

A time to dance said...

I love your birdies...just lovely especially those legs....enjoy the sunshine...thanks to you I am dying everything blue,...you have inspired me since I have known you and I am now taking the plunge...

Louise said...

I don't know Pipany, but I do know Ginny from the blogs, she is lovely, as I am sure you are too. I am so glad you all had a marvellous fun-filled time together. x

cathleen said...

How absolutely lovely for you! Pipany and Ginny are sweethearts!

caireen said...

Aw, that's so sweet! Wish could have been there too! Cx

Pipany said...

It was great fun Diana and lovely to meet Ginny & the girls for the first time. We did have a giggle! Love the birds Ginny made for you and as for the string...well, I now have string envy! Have a lovely day xx